Dr. Nicholas R. Brown
- Often times I am reminded of my birthplace when new patients ask the all too common question, “Where are you from?” I was born and raised in Harare, Zimbabwe until I moved to the United States to attend the University of Wyoming in 1983. While there I received a Bachelor of Science degree in biology, where I became fascinated with the body’s extraordinary ability to heal itself.It was this fascination that prompted me to delve deeper into the inner workings of the body, focusing on neurology and the relationship between the brain and the spine. Our body is filled with 46 miles of nerves, all of which are connected throughout the body and controlled by the 100 billion neurons in the brain. It’s amazing how the body can heal from the inside out by restoring communication between the nerves and body. visiting with a local chiropractor in Wyoming I knew I found my calling in chiropractic medicine.
I received my doctorate degree from the University of Western States in Portland, Oregon in 1986. After graduating and a few stints with other Doctors, I eventually moved to Albany in 1989 and have called this town home ever since. I started my own practice in 1988 and since that time I have dedicated my practice to providing chiropractic care to hundreds of patients in the Mid-Willamette Valley.
Education has always remained a constant in my practice, and as new techniques and information are discovered, so too does my practice evolve to bring those treatments to my patients. Whether I am treating a 1 day old baby or an individual in their late 80’s, my goal is to help people heal their body from the inside out through routine chiropractic care.
As the leading pediatric chiropractor in Albany for over 20 years, my mission is to help as many children, families, and individuals as possible. When am I am not in the office, I enjoy spending time with my wife, four children and grandchildren.
Licensures / Certifications
- Webster Technique
- US National Board Certified; Chiropractic
- Oregon State Chiropractic License
- Washington State Chiropractic License
- 300 hour course in Diagnosis and Internal Disorders
- 360 hour Pediatric and Maternity Course
Associations & Memberships
- Founding Member International Pediatric Council
- International Chiropractic Pediatric Association
- Chiropractic Association of Oregon
- American Chiropractic Association
- Member St Mary’s Church
- Member of Points for Profit